Thank you for your interest in our program! Applications for the Pediatrics Residency Training Program must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Our program participates in the National Residency Match Program (NRMP).
Sponsoring Institution: Albany Medical Center
Program Name: Albany Medical Center Program (Pediatrics)
ACGME Program Code: 3203521139
NRMP Program Code: 141320C0
- Graduate of a medical school in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduate of a medical school outside the United States or Canada who meet one of the following qualifications:
- Have received a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates AND are graduates of schools approved by the New York State Department of Education OR have a full and unrestricted New York State license to practice medicine.
- Graduate of a medical school outside the United States who have completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
- Candidates may be considered who are currently enrolled in foreign medical schools if they are eligible for the Restricted Interim Certificate from ECFMG, issued to students who have passed the Basic Science, Clinical Science and English examinations and are awaiting the issuance of their medical school diplomas.
- Minimum six months of clinical training (such as an externship in the United States, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland) and Ireland.
- Three letters of recommendation from United States, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland) and Ireland physicians with whom you have worked in this setting.
- Medical school graduation within five years of date of residency application
Graduates of schools outside the United States must meet the following requirements:
- Legally able to work in the United States or eligible to obtain work
- Provide a valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Able to apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and participate in the National Residency Match Program (NRMP).
New York State Requirements for International Graduates
Graduates of schools outside the United States are ineligible for residency training in New York State if more than 12 weeks of clerkship training (during the 3rd and 4th years of medical school) occurred outside of the country in which the medical school is located UNLESS the New York State Education Department has approved that school’s curriculum, as configured.
AMC only sponsors J-1 visas. We do NOT sponsor H1-B visas. Questions regarding Visa sponsorship should be directed the Office of Graduate Medical Education.
Albany Medical College allows students to participate in one rotation per specialty. Please be aware that due to the COVID Pandemic, our department may be limited in our offerings for the 2021-2022 academic year. All applications must be received through VSAS.*
*If you are inquiring from a school that does not participate in VSAS, please contact Katelyn Daly, as we may be able to accommodate outside applications if Albany Medical College has a formal agreement with your medical college.